Coffee grinders

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I first heard about the Oxo brand through the Americas Test Kitchen show. Since then, all I’ve heard are good things about their products. Congratulations, Jim - I’m sure you’ll get many years of great tasting coffee from it.

Real Name
Randy
I keep the bean container about half full and do a 10 second grind every morning . Just enough grind for my daily use. Coffee beans keep fresher in airtight container
I keep my Beansdouble Airtight and in a dark place. I grind 2 pots worth. I use a regular mr coffee. I use allegro.com coffee now and love it. I’d like hotter and stronger but I like a simple drip. Have a French press and a pour over but I’m lazy and I don’t think the taste gets that much better. Now I only drink 1/2 cup 2x a day or I risk Getting dehydrated from crazy meds I take. I love coffee, taste and buzz

I keep my Beansdouble Airtight and in a dark place. I grind 2 pots worth. I use a regular mr coffee. I use allegro.com coffee now and love it. I’d like hotter and stronger but I like a simple drip. Have a French press and a pour over but I’m lazy and I don’t think the taste gets that much better. Now I only drink 1/2 cup 2x a day or I risk Getting dehydrated from crazy meds I take. I love coffee, taste and buzz
I picked up 4 pounds of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee just before the holidays and like Jim grind 10 seconds worth of beans first thing in the morning and make the coffee in a Breville Espresso machine. This typically gives me two 1/3 cups of coffee - black and hot, smooth and full flavoured - to start the day. That is good for the whole day for me.

Congrats, Jim! I had a burr grinder on m list to replace a Braun blade version we've had for many years. My wife honored my wish with the same Oxo grinder! She did a lot of research to select this brand. I have been drinking more....coffee and wine while working at home. For our drip the Braun was ok for fine grounds. Now with the Oxo I can use my French press and pour over with coarser mix. Also, got 3 pounds of Kona reserve....Cheers all!

My wife honored my wish with the same Oxo grinder! She did a lot of research to select this brand.
Welcome to the club! I think we have made a good choice.

It's interesting to read about the different coffee habits of various people here.

My wife prefers Chock-Full-o-Nuts coffee which she buys in the large can. For daily consumption, I make a full 5-cup pot in the mornings which we drink with breakfast, and I make a 3-cup pot after dinner which we share.

But for my mid afternoon pickup I make about 1/3-1/2 mug with my AeroPress using Zabar's French Italian beans for which I have a subscription. This is what I use the grinder for. A 10-second grind is just right with the new OXO.

Last edited:
Over time, I lapsed from a french press to a Keurig, as I got tired of the cleanup. Any quality grinder & brew recommendations for a single large 14-15 oz cup a day drinker?

I love the morning ritual of boiling water, grinding my beans, weighing my coffee and water to make my daly 450 ml cup of jo! Some days I indulge in a Bialleti Moka Pot as a mid afternoon pick me up.
I use a double, laser cut stainless steel filter from Ovalware. My current beans include a Aradibacool from southern India.

A bit of a funny story. We were camping in the Arctic NWR. One of my friend's wife brought coffee beans for our morning coffee. We of course didn't have any grinder. Should have seen us trying to grind it between two rocks. It wasn't very successful!

A bit of a funny story. We were camping in the Arctic NWR. One of my friend's wife brought coffee beans for our morning coffee. We of course didn't have any grinder. Should have seen us trying to grind it between two rocks. It wasn't very successful!
Desperation—like forgetting the corkscrew, will get you through!

My espresso setup, Rancilio hot rodded Sylvia (added PID for accurate temp and extraction control) and Rancilio Rocky burr grinder. Been going strong for quite a number of years. Ali’s little bit of latte art. Never did get real good at it.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Desperation—like forgetting the corkscrew, will get you through!
When my brother and his wife were on the first night of their honeymoon about 50 years ago, they desperately stopped everywhere on their drive to Niagara Falls because they had forgotten to bring a corkscrew. They never found one. Fortunately, the wine was a bubbly.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom