Coffee grinders

My Christmas present was a new coffee grinder, and it is a revelation.

_Z504465.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Cuisinart grinder on the right I have used for about 10 years. It started failing intermittently a couple of months ago, and my wife was about to buy me a new one just like it. I got her to hold off until I did some research. After reading many reviews and studying specifications, I ended up getting the one on the left. It cost about twice as much as the Cuisinart, but is still modestly priced as coffee grinders go.

I tried it for the first time on Christmas day and I was shocked at how much better the coffee tastes. It produces much more evenly ground coffee, which I think is the key. Also, with the aluminum receptacle for the grounds there is much less of a static electricity problem.

The coffee is very smooth and flavorful without the bitterness I noticed in coffee ground in the Cuisinart.

OXO potato peelers are the only ones I'll use.
Never knew they made electric powered things as well.
Sturdy, light, cheap. Pick 2.
From my experience, especially with big glass like a 600mm, in the $250 I would be looking used. My gitzo's and RRS tripods were 4-5x your budget.
Good luck with your search, let us know what you find.
gary
OXO is an excellent brand! Well done, Jim!
OXO makes stuff that works!

Thanks for the endorsements. Confirms my choice.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
What is the model number? We have friends coming for dinner tomorrow night, and I'd like to give them this information..... THANKS!

Simple fix if your getting too much static is add 3 small drops of water to the beans in the grinder before grinding. Hated our Capresso grinder as it always made a mess when pulling out the resevoir and transferring the gounds to the Coffee basket. After we started to add the 3 drops we no longer have static buildup nor do we get the mess. Never happens with My Rancillo Rocky esspresso grinder probably due to the volume being so much less..

I purchased the same OXO grinder a year and a half ago. Best coffee grinder I've had so far. I went through two Delonghi within the the same time frame before purchasing the OXO

Another positive endorsement. Thanks, Bob.

What is the model number? We have friends coming for dinner tomorrow night, and I'd like to give them this information..... THANKS!

There doesn't seem to be a model number. It just says "OXO Brew".

p.s. I ordered it online from Bed, Bath, and Beyond since we had a 20% off coupon. Our local store didn't have it. Took about 10 days.

Last edited:
I had never heard of OXO until this experience.

The reason I swear by OXO is that every product made by them I've ever had was designed so effectively with so much thought given to the practicalities of everyday use. As an example, when you lay their brush on the counter, the brush itself that has the mixture on it doesn't touch the counter; only the handle touches the counter.

It's little things like that that are so helpful during the daily cooking requirements that when I need a cooking tool, I first determine if OXO makes one. If they do, I look no further and buy it.

Like Dave, I never knew they also make powered kitchen devices. However, they don't make a hot chocolate maker, so it's great that I'm especially pleased with my new Christmas gift: https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/my-culinary-christmas-present-thanks-to-richard.325724/

Latest threads

Top Bottom