Coffeeshop Eyes

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, May 14, 2007.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]
    tri-x film

2. cellison

cellison

Mar 18, 2006
    Canada
    Cool shot but man oh man thats one dusty negative! I thought at first it was dust on my lcd and tried wiping it off! :)

Chris

3. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    Looks as dusty as almost all my negatives!!!! good luck with the PP :)

Cool shot!.

4. Eyes are the movimento centrali, quite bright, and then the diagonal in from the left and the diagonal in from the right, and the coke machine form, set me up to view this

5. Jeepers, creepers, where'd ya' get those great big peepers?
    Yes, the composition does lead right to the girl. And, what a wonderful expression!:smile:

6. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

lol

Love the expression and how the dark background really brings her eyes out.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Chris, Gav, Rodney, Ray and Matthew! I appreciate your comments. Guess I'd better clean this negative before trying to print it, eh? :Wink:

The dust is what I get for trying to rush the process. I dried the negs with forced air!

8. AAaaah! Superb image, Chris! Just too nice. The smooth tones and the light!

Obviously there is dust but other then that, the pic is great!

9. One or two, or even four spots. But this...? Have you no pride in the craftsman side of your art? C'mon Chris.. you can do better.

On the other side of the coin, nice picture.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks y'all.

Stephen. I do take pride in my craft. What I share here are scanned proofs for comments, not exhibition quality images. I print my negatives in an enlarger onto photo paper. Then I spend a lot of time cutting, mounting, matting, and yes spotting my prints. I use Marshall's ink and a 5-0 brush.

Here, take a look at some work I have exhibited. There aren't any unintentional marks on those photos.

And besides, I'm not gonna let a shot like this go just because I dropped the negative on the floor in my bathroom! :Unsure::BigGrin::Crunk:

ps, I really appreciate directed criticism, especially your blunt edge Stephen. Even though I rationalize scanning spots, I will spend hours in Photoshop removing them ... now.

11. Nice reply chris. I'd like to touch lightly on the quote below..

I'm not diplomaticly articulate, sorry to say. Without wimping out, I really didn't know how else to put my statement. Now, without using super excess verbosity how else do I say how I feel? Kinda tough without eye to eye contact, where expression and word emphasis can soften things.

Whatever, you took it well.

BTW, :rolleyes: don't we deserve more than your proofs posted here. :wink:

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You keep your critical style just the way it is Stephen!

I've got some stuff almost ready for presentation that I'll post soon. Yes it's spotted. :Wink:

13. I'd hang this on my wall............... any and every day of the week.

Ace! :eek:

G

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Graeme! Looking again, I am thinking I like the un-cropped version better. I'll have to spot it!