Coincidences Thread

Glenn's A Crazy Coincidence post suggests an interesting thread that might be entertaining to read. So the question is what is the most interesting, or probably the weirdest, coincidence (photography related of course) that has happened to you?

I'll start -
Several years ago my wife, daughter and I were in New York City visiting my brother. My wife's sister and her family just happened to be in NYC for their daughter's graduation and we had planned to meet up to congratulate her later in the evening. Around noon, my wife, daughter and I decided to walk from my brother's apartment down to the flat iron district to grab lunch at Eatily and enjoy the NYC vibes. One thing to understand is that when my wife walks it is more olympic than sauntering. When we got to Madison Square Garden (where a lot of the big graduations take place), the sidewalks were packed with a couple thousand kids in gowns and mortar boards, parents, and siblings and we just kind of hustled through trying to get past the crowds. We made it down to Eatily and had a fun meal.

Later that night we met up for drinks and congratulations for my niece. Her sister looks at us and pulls out her phone and scrolls to a picture. She had taken exactly one picture of her sister in her cap and gown standing on the sidewalk across from MSG. And there we were, probably two feet behind her, our backs to the camera, about to cross the street.

Timing is everything . . . I'll try to find the picture but it was a while ago . . .

Reactions: McQ

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Glenn's A Crazy Coincidence post suggests an interesting thread that might be entertaining to read. So the question is what is the most interesting, or probably the weirdest, coincidence (photography related of course) that has happened to you?

I'll start -
Several years ago my wife, daughter and I were in New York City visiting my brother. My wife's sister and her family just happened to be in NYC for their daughter's graduation and we had planned to meet up to congratulate her later in the evening. Around noon, my wife, daughter and I decided to walk from my brother's apartment down to the flat iron district to grab lunch at Eatily and enjoy the NYC vibes. One thing to understand is that when my wife walks it is more olympic than sauntering. When we got to Madison Square Garden (where a lot of the big graduations take place), the sidewalks were packed with a couple thousand kids in gowns and mortar boards, parents, and siblings and we just kind of hustled through trying to get past the crowds. We made it down to Eatily and had a fun meal.

Later that night we met up for drinks and congratulations for my niece. Her sister looks at us and pulls out her phone and scrolls to a picture. She had taken exactly one picture of her sister in her cap and gown standing on the sidewalk across from MSG. And there we were, probably two feet behind her, our backs to the camera, about to cross the street.

Timing is everything . . . I'll try to find the picture but it was a while ago . . .
A couple of seconds either way and this never occurs. So funny!

My story is kind of the opposite.

When I was 14, my mother, grandmother, and great Uncle took me to Italy (their home country). While visiting Florence I was snapping some shots of Michelangelo's statue of David, when I heard someone yell my name. I turned to see a friend of mine, a girl from my neighborhood, standing there with her camera, smiling.
Neither of us knew we were going to be traveling to Italy that summer - it just never came up prior to our going. She was there with her parents on holiday.
The odds of us being at that place at the exact time, AND her noticing me are mind-boggling. We both knew no one was going to believe it if we didn't take some pictures so I had my mother take five or six shots with my camera before all of us went our separate ways.

When we got home and processed all of the rolls of film we took during the trip, one roll didn't expose properly. It was the roll with those shots on it! We never knew what went wrong, only that not a single photo on that roll came out.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom