Cokin P Filter Holder and Polarizer

I have been debating on whether to ask this or not. I finally decided to ask after not really finding an answer in the search fields or even on Google.

The back story goes like this; 2 weeks ago, I had my camera in my Jeep. As one would expect, my Jeep got hot here in the desert and warped one of my ND grad filters pretty bad. Wanting to try and fix it, I tried to bend the resin filter back into shape only to have it break. My wife allowed me to buy a new one and so I decided to also buy a Cokin P filter holder to hold my grad filters. Upon receipt, I read through the instruction manual and noticed that you can slide a circular polarizer in a special slot.

I have many filters and the cpol is one I have in differient sizes (3@52mm/1@62mm/1@77mm). It would be nice to have just on cpol when using the P filter holder. So here are my questions, how is the Cokin cpol and has anyone here used it in the P filter holder? Is it something worth buying or should I save up for the Singh-Ray later down the line and use my current cpol's in conjunction with the P filter holder? Thanks for you time and help.

God Bless,
David

David,

That's a difficult one to answer. I only have one cpol and it is for the P size Cokin. Like you I have all different sized lenses with the largest filter ring being 77mm.

The only downside of the Cokin is the bulk. It is easier to walk around without that P Filter holder on your lens but other than that I'm quite happy with the performance and price savings over buying quality polarizers for all my lenses. Of course you've already made that investment.

Here's a pic of the cpol on a Cokin wide angle P filter holder mounted on a Sigma 10-20mm (77mm filter ring)

pfilterpolarizer_3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom