Cold & Rainy BYB

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Tim O, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Was cold and wet here in ILL all day,but got out in the old blind anyway and the little birdies were out also. :smile:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Trailfinder

Trailfinder Guest

Beautifully done....Really, really nice work...

Brad G...
    OKC/OKLA

3. I admire your enthusiasm, these are very nice, especially the grackle

4. Got to love it Nice in adverse conditions

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Holy smokes......

so this is what you did after we met this morning? I just spent the day downtown at the convention center and out at the new Cabelas later this afternoon, both places were packed.

Wade

6. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thank you very much Brad

Thanks Dave, it seems the grackle is my best subject for now.Do have a few robins around should get better when I get some meal worms don't know if it will be as many as flew got 10,000 of the little buggers shooo.

Thanks Gary,the blind really helps out alot.

7. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks ole buddy,yea that new ballhead won't fit my monopod so waiting on B&H to open up. :biggrin:

8. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    As odd as it sounds those rainy days are great for color saturation. Nice series!

9. Tim:

Great shooting . . I especially like the blue color on the blackbird. Great color saturation.

Mike

10. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks Andy,I think you are right about the weather playing a part in the color.

Thanks Mike,how have you been doing?

11. Tim:

Been busy at work, then the flu, then 5 stitches in my 'zooming' thumb . . . so the Nikon has been in the bag for a few weeks. I have not been to the eagle nest for a while . . .are they still there . . . can you get to a vantage point on the old nest?

Anyway, I'm always amazed at the sharp pics from your D200/70-200. A great combo.

Mike

12. Tim:

Sorry . . .amazed doesn't sound right . . .makes it sound like they are accidents. You're a great photographer . . I should have said in awe, or something more appropriate than 'amazed'.

Mike

13. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Thanks for the kind words Mike,the eagles went back to the old nest and you really can't get back there.With all this rain we would need a boat and then the nest is not in a good location for pictures.There are quite a few of us bumming out about this. :frown: