Collective Shoot #30 - "Show Me Some Color"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sharon, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Show me some color!

It doesn’t matter where you live. Both spring and fall offer us an opportunity to photograph some beautiful color. We want to see some of that wonderful color that you are seeing! Take some photos of the color around you and share your images with all of us at the Nikon Café.

As a relative newcomer to posting at the Nikon Café and my first time hosting or participating in a Collective Shoot, I’d like to send a special invitation to those who have not taken part in a Collective Shoot before. Join me and share in the fun of CS #30 with your colorful images!

To those who have participated in the past, thank you for sharing your images and for being an inspiration to all of us to become more active in the Café. I look forward to seeing what you have to share with us this week!

Rules:

Shooting period: Any time Friday, April 13 through Sunday, April 15, your local time.

Posting period: Friday, April 13 through Tuesday, April 17

Please submit no more than 3 photos.

GET OUT THERE AND EXPERIENCE THE COLORFUL WORLD WE LIVE IN! And be sure to show us the results!

2. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    As a side note:

This was my second idea for the collective shoot, because my original one was too similar to CS #29. I decided to stick with this one, even though the weather for many of us seems to be more like winter than spring. So, if you're like me and awoke to the image below, a world of white being the predominate color around you, please feel free to post a colorful image from indoors.

[​IMG]

Those who are fortunate to see something other than white when they look out the window, share those images to give hope to those who seem to be stuck in the never ending winter of 2007!

SHOW ME SOME COLOR!

3. As someone who's been around a little longer and who's a regular CS participant, I'd like to join Sharon in inviting those who haven't joined in the Collective Shoots to do so-it really is a lot of fun. Oh, and all you regulars are welcome, too. :smile:

4. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Sharon
    I made your thread a sticky in the misc section. This should be a fun CS and I sure hope to submit some images to it.
    dave

6. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Thank you, Dave!

7. Thanks Sharon. I will be going to the country park on Sunday and I will look for some colors.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    ok
    I have been sick as a dog all week. cant say I feel much better yet this morn. I might just shoot the green trees.:<(((

9. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Phil, I am really looking forward to seeing your images!

Gale, sorry to hear you've been so sick. I sure hope you are feeling better soon! It might be green trees for me too, and I mean evergreens since everything is still covered in a layer of white. But, the sun is shining and a warm up is here today! So, there is hope. Feel better!

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Sharon:>)))

11. Hope you're feeling better!

PaulC

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Paul
    Still under the weather. This has got to go away..:>)))

13. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    But it's COLD out there............... :) Pondering this....

14. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Hey, Lisa, just saw your picture with the snow on the leaves! I'm right there with you on the cold and crumby weather we are having this spring. I'm hoping tomorrow is going to be "the day" to get out and take some pictures. They are saying 50 and sunny. If we get both, it will feel like the tropics! Sure hope you join us in the fun of the collective shoot!

15. Moved to posting thread. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  16. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Gretchen, I loved your story about getting caught by your neighbor as much as your photo! I hope you don't mind if I ask you to repost this in the posting thread in the Miscellany Forum. I know others would enjoy seeing it in the posting thread!

Thanks for sharing the story and such a beautiful, colorful photo!