Collective Shoot #35: Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phazer08, May 16, 2007.

1. phazer08

phazer08

Aug 9, 2006
    Waco, TX
    Time to get out and take a picture of an EVENT.

Background: I work at a museum and this week-end is our biggest event of the year – a preview party for the opening of our summer traveling exhibit and then the actual opening the next day. So, since I’m going to be there all weekend, and charged with taking pictures, I thought I’d take advantage of the situation!

Your Mission: You can view this as an opportunity to drop in on an auto show, horse show, street party, regatta, or other ‘event’ that you might otherwise drive right by. Crash a wedding! OK...you can also take pictures of an event you were going to anyway. Or make up one of your own, but use this to try to get outside your comfort zone and photograph something new.

Shooting Time:
    Your Thursday Evening, May 17 – Your Sunday Midnight, May 20

Posting Time
    :
    From the start of shoot through Tuesday, May 22. That’ll give you lots of time to go through the 100’s of shots you took of those classic cars or whatever. Check the Miscellany Forum for the posting thread after the start of the shoot.

The usual caveats apply: keep your file size reasonable. Post your top 2-3 (but I won't complain if someone gets carried away).

Samples:
    My event from last weekend (daughter's graduation from Ole Miss):
    [​IMG]https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=115361

Think I was out of my 'zone' here? Pretty good shot of a barrel, eh?
    [​IMG]

Good shooting and HAVE FUN!

The posting thread is here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Cool! There's an event that I can shoot tomorrow evening.

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Great topic:cool: ! Now all I have to do is find an event:biggrin: .

4. LOL I love the barrel shot :smile:

Great topic, I am actually going to a wedding this weekend...

5. Looks like fun to me!

6. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Sounds like a barrel of fun!

7. phazer08

phazer08

Aug 9, 2006
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...that barrel shot makes me want to start an entire thread "shots that didn't quite turn out the way I planned."