1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Collective Shoot #91

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waltny, Jul 2, 2008.

1. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    To those that might participate outside of the US I apologize in advance for the homespun monoply on this weeks CS.

Well this week I have been allowed to host my first CS, "Main Street". I got the inspiration for this while I was out on the road traveling through MN to UT. Each town along the way when we devated from the highway had an intriguing Main Street that I wanted to shoot(on the road with a non shooter is no fun....). Each of these bustling or desolate streets had a story to tell, and they are all across America. So what better time to celebrate something as American as Main Street than over the celebration of our independence as a country? I figure most small town or larger town main streets to be huge places of activity; be it markets, festivals or parades. So get out there and show us your little slice of America know as main street.

We will do 3-5 photos per, and start the CS on Thursday morning(your time) and end Monday morning(your time).
    Id like to see one photo with the actual Main Street sign in the picture to challenge your composition skills.

Post your shots in this thread in the Collective Shoot sub-forum

Example:
    Main Street, Wall Drug, Wall, SD
    waldrugcopy.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Good topic, Tim. I don't see why members in other countries can't join in-most towns and villages all over have the equivalent of a Main Street.

3. Can we still play along, if our town does not have a Main Street?? My town has a 'main' street, but it is named Washington Street (not Main street), thus I can't compose a shot with a sign which says "Main Street." :smile:

4. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Sure, I just figured most would. Sounds good.

Of course, I just realized I got a little carried away on the American theme of it.

5. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    I always miss these :(  Is there one for this week?

Carole

6. Yep-every week.. Check back in the Collective Shoot sub-forum in a couple of days. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    OK :)  I'm guessing it gets posted every Friday. You should have one for those of us who are retired and looking for something to do during the week :)  Or make it from Friday - Thursday. The weekends are crowded around here, so I prefer to shoot things during the week :) 

Carole

8. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    I think that is a great idea, I think Dave leaves it up to the hosts. But between you me and who ever else, Id shoot up to the last day and post as long as the next shoot isnt announced. :biggrin: These are a lot of fun and push you a bit to go outside your norm in what you shoot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.