1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

College Game day Pre game shots

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Oldtime, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Shot the Duke -James Madison Game yesterday
    1 1/2 hour weather delay
    Some parachuters who were suppose to drop into UNC with their Game ball mistook Wallace Wade and dropped into the wrong Game totally unexpected
    Game Picture in another post to come
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Nice mark !! .... hahahaha i cant believe they went to the wrong field.... thats classic !!

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Mark, nice variety of non-action shots. I am guilty as charged for not paying attention to the other facets of the game. Jube shots, cheerleading, trainers and fans are just as important in covering the total event. Well done and thanks for the reminder.

4. Mark, nice shots. I read a quote from the associate AD from UNC that said "in five years..maybe this will be funny". Someone is going to take a lot of grief over that one! Looks like last years bottom feeders, UNC and Duke both won their openers, while a couple of the power houses of the ACC (had to make sure I put 'of the ACC') lost...VaTech, Clemson. Could be a another tough year for the ACC bunch.

5. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    The game was delayed by lighting in the area(and it really did rain) so the plane got disoriented in cloud cover and mistook Wallace Wade stadium for Kenan Memorial Stadium in Chapel Hill there is only 5-6 miles separating
    the 2 as the crow flies
    Thanks for looking

6. Nice captures. Very smooth looking

7. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thanks Frank, I always try and capture the whole experience of the event
    from cheer leaders to fans, security- Games are great people shooting venues before - during and after the game

8. mark,
    an excellent series of images
    well shot

funny story about the "unexpected drop in"

9. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thanks Greg -- No one was expecting Teams were just finishing warm -ups and it was announced there would be start delay due to lighting in the area:eek: 

10. willsparklin

willsparklin Guest

I had no idea the mascot dressed differently for football games. great series.

11. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thanks Will -- I'm not sure if this is a new mascot for all sports or just an updated Football one - The New Coach has Implemented many changes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.