College Volleyball

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by c995990, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Great shots. Can you share the lens you used, lighting and settings? I shoot my girls' playing and would love tips.

2. Great shots Mike, better not let Joe (J. Alan) see this lighting :smile:

3. Thanks Chris.

On the first 3 photos I used a D300 with a 70-200 lens, manual exposure, f2.8 @ 1/320s, iso 1600, range between 75mm to 125mm.

On the last 2 photos I used a D300 with a 24-70 lens, manual exposure, f2.8 @ 1/320s, iso 1600/2000, range between 40 to 70mm.

A little post processing using Noiseware, levels and USM.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Mike great shots.
    Man I envy you with those white walls. I shot some last weekend with some awfull colored walls , black cieling and lights that cycled.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, these are stunning and without strobes too! I am darned impressed with your photography! Thanks very much for sharing your shots.

6. Really nice series! I would love to see a tight crop of #1 showing just their hands and the ball. Great shot.

7. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Very nice series of shots 1 is my favorite

8. Thanks for the comments!

It's been a couple thousand frustrating actuations going back to 2005 when I first ventured into shooting volleyball.

Thanks very much!

9. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Yowser - these are really nice. Nice to see they were with a D300 and not the D3 ( which I don't have)

So there is hope.

10. Ahah!, I knew it.

You cheated :biggrin:

These are great shots. You were fortunate to be able to get that shutter speed. And, the lighting looks good compared to my gym. The noise reduction is right on, too.

11. LOL
    i was just thinking the same thing... :smile:

12. a very nice job, mike
    folks will be very happy with these

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.