Cologne by night

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Cologne by night

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From left to right: Opera, Dom and Hindenburg bridge (six lane railway)

Enjoy
Klaus

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
What an image and it brings back wonderful memories from Köln and the dom. 13 years ago my Wife youngest step daughter and I came in to Köln on a Tuesday afternoon. We learnt from the guide book that there was a free concert in the Dom that night. The main organist from the cathedral in Seville Spain was playing. It was packed, and as he was playing I swear the whole stone Dom was moving. I felt the base tones in my chest, it was so incredible.

Your image brought it all back to me, thank you!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What an image and it brings back wonderful memories from Köln and the dom. 13 years ago my Wife youngest step daughter and I came in to Köln on a Tuesday afternoon. We learnt from the guide book that there was a free concert in the Dom that night. The main organist from the cathedral in Seville Spain was playing. It was packed, and as he was playing I swear the whole stone Dom was moving. I felt the base tones in my chest, it was so incredible.

Your image brought it all back to me, thank you!
Andreas, imagine there are 30000 to 35000 visitors in the Dom daily. When I was there possibly 20 people were in the Dom.
At the first Corona lockdown the Dom was closed. The domcapitular had an idea: If the people can't come to the Dome, the Dom will come to the people. A concert was organized in the empty Dom. Michael Patrick Kelly was the main singer acompanied by some friends.
Please, take a look to the following links. You'll be surprised...

It must be an overwhelming feeling, singing in the crossing tower.

Enjoy
Klaus

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Fantastisch! Herzligen Dank Klaus!

Andreas, imagine there are 30000 to 35000 visitors in the Dom daily. When I was there possibly 20 people were in the Dom.
At the first Corona lockdown the Dom was closed. The domcapitular had an idea: If the people can't come to the Dome, the Dom will come to the people. A concert was organized in the empty Dom. Michael Patrick Kelly was the main singer acompanied by some friends.
Please, take a look to the following links. You'll be surprised...

It must be an overwhelming feeling, singing in the crossing tower.

Enjoy
Klaus

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom