Color cast

Hello,

I have this photo, ant it has a green cast, how could I correct it?

7900562cc358f6e76a5f7e90174f83ba.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

HI
one way that has worked for me is in NX2" go to adjust-light-auto levels-auto-click on auto then advanced.you can then adjust contrast

Personally, I wouldn't rely on any "auto" method if I want total control. Instead, there are several manual ways to do it that allow total control.

If the image began life as a RAW file: Camera Settings >> Set Color Temperature >> Set Gray Point >> Sample Grey Point >> Use the pointer to select a neutral area of the image

If there is no RAW file, there are two other methods:
New Step >> Light >> Levels & Curves >> use the Set Neutral Point eye dropper to select a neutral area of the image

New Step >> Color >> Color Balance >> Use the sliders to change the color cast

Thank you, very much. I have Nik Color Efex, and I have seen that it has a tool to correct the color cast. Is it a good tool?

Thank you, very much. I have Nik Color Efex, and I have seen that it has a tool to correct the color cast. Is it a good tool?

I find that Nik Color Efex's "Pro Contrast" filter does a nice job of automatically removing color casts. (You can tweak from there....)

Since you already own it, just give it a try!

Maybe this is real? The leaves are reflecting a large amount of green light.

Barry

They are not just reflecting it. Perhaps more important, sunlight is passing through translucent, green leaves. As an example, the white bark on the tree in the middle seems to have a strong green tint and that could be the explanation. If you want to remove the color cast only on part of the image, you can select that part.

The best thing about NX2 and NEFs is that no matter what you do to screw up the color balance, you can always get back to the original.

Worst case, you lose some time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom