Color Check ...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, May 3, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2007
  2. These are simply beautiful! Where were they taken?

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I like the Turaco shots, especially the third one (shot 4 overall). The head-on shooting angle brings an immediacy to the shot, and the background complements the subject particularly well both in color and tone.

4. Everything looks the same shade of Fire Engine Red to me, and I can't find any Plantains. Does this mean I have a monitor color problem?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh, yeah, darned nice looking bird pictures, :wink:

5. I'm with Bill, everything looks dull gray, but after a while the colors begin to burn in and WOW what nice images and color.

Louie

6. Thanks Anthony... Shot in Arizona at the Wildlife World Zoo...

7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Nicely Nicely done,

My only thought would be to try and do a selective color boost or change on the third shot since the background matches the bird so much, maybe a touch more shaprening would separate the feather details from the background, but that is just an unbelievable tiny tiny tiny nit pick.

everything else is just so perfect Eric, Bravo,

Yikes these are good!

Wade

Ok just tried in NX on the third image a "touch" of sharpening, 14, 4, 1 more of a thought and it seemed to help separate from the background without adding to much noise and other problems, probably this great image looks fine in print and full size, it might even be the resizing for the web, and afterall we are talking about the difference of a small microbe!

8. Hi Eric...those Turacos sure are pretty birds.

9. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    My monitor shows that these are beautful shots Eric. Thanks for the test.

10. Well, my monitor just turned GREEN! :tongue: Beautiful shots!

11. Thanks Louie.....
    Sorry to have discovered the problem with your monitor.. Ddn't mean to but guess that is why your images are scewed to B&W instead???
    Thanks jeff....

12. Wow, made my eyes hurt. Now those are some gorgeous colors Eric. Well done.

13. Thanks James...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.