Color correcting filter w/AIS lenses

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by MiriamJ, Jul 5, 2007.

1. I've been using an inexpensive Lee filter with a Gel-Snap holder for color correction. I like the color correction, but find the Gel-Snap system very slow to use.

I've got 3 AIS manual focus lenses and anticipate buying a 4th one. I have 180mm f2.8 (72), 20mm f2.8 (62), 50mm f1.8 (52) and plan to buy 20mm f3.5 (52).

I want something that I can leave on when walking around and be able to put my lens cap on it. Also something not too pricey.

I was thinking the Tiffens, unless someone else has something that would fit the bill. My question is: will the Tiffen lenses screw on to my AIS lenses? Could I use the cap for the lens on the filter?

If anyone knows the answer or where I could find an answer I would appreciate it! :)

2. Answering my own question:

Called B&H Photo Video, talked to Steve in the film department, (he was really great, very knowledgeable, very helpful).

Yes, the Tiffen lenses will just screw in, and I can use the cap on the lens. Also, I can just buy a 72 filter and use step-up rings for the other sizes, and I shouldn't expect vignetting with my 20mm f2.8 (62).