Color!! (flower pics)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by virtuamike, Jun 28, 2005.

1. ucd01_full.

ucd02_full.

ucd03_full.

ucd04_full.

ucd06_full.

2. Very nice Mike, you have a nice collection of of colours here.

I particularly like the DOF of the first one which gives a nice effect for the backdrop. The last one is also very interesting, it is very difficult to get a good composition for flowers with lots of "limbs" and wide span, you have done well with this one.

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. Mike, you are very active. I wish I had so much time for shooting.

I like the last one very much.
    regards

4. Thx Jonathan. I was getting lazy with my composition last week so I made it my focus today.

Thx Harry. I try and go for a walk every day to get some shooting done. So far so good until the boss gets mad at me :wink:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nicely done Mike. I'm sure that you are much more productive after one of these walks, so the boss should be happy. :lol:

6. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Nice shots Mike. What lens did you use? I'm trying to decide on a Macro and I really like these images,

7. The last one is VERY nice! i too am surious as to the gear used to aquire these.

8. Thx Frank. It's been a slow week at work so nobody minds terribly much.

Thx Lin and Dave. D70 + 55/3.5 AI. I'm looking around for a PK-13 extension to bring it down to 1:1. MF takes some getting used to and the D70 VF isn't the greatest but it's a truly outstanding macro lens for the price. Besides having slower glass doesn't hurt terribly much since for macro it needs to be stopped down anyways. In terms of sharpness it's excellent close up (shot around with a 105/2.8 awhile back and I actually prefer the 55 for clarity). The bokeh is also fairly good as long as the backgrounds aren't too challenging (then again that goes for all lenses).

The last 2 days have been pretty windy though so I've been limited on my shot selection. It's calm today so I should find some better subjects.