1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Color management problem (I think)

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by RecalcitrantRon, Jul 4, 2008.

1. A few weeks ago I made a post about purple in my D300 photos thinking it was Nikon Capture NX that was the problem. I now believe it is not. I am running Tiger 10.4.11 with all the latest updates. I downloaded Photo Mechanic which is color aware and has a toggle button to turn it on and off. I am running PM on both my PC and my MBP. On the PC, the colors are fine irrespective of whether the color match is checked or not. On the MBP, when I use the color aware mode, my photos go purple. It goes away when I uncheck the color match button. Since this is occurring in multiple programs, but not different computing platforms, I now think there is something with my MBP that is causing conflicts in color management. I calibrated with my Eye One just fine. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to take care of it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Culprit found. I re-set the display profile back to the factory default and the problem has gone away in all applications. Now to figure out why I cannot get a useable profile off of my eye one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.