1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

color me impressed...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cwilt, Jul 1, 2007.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Not the prettiest flowers or composition. Shot this to see how the S5 would handle the color and dynamic range. Would have been a tough shot for the D2x.

[​IMG]

2. Juicey!

Sweet!
    Fuji cameras have got a touch of Velvia to their colours!

3. Oh My Gosh!!! I am so impressed! I have been struggling with my blanket flowers all weekend with the D2X! I keep switching between Adobe I and II to try and get the right color without blowing it. The color rendition is terrific!! I didn't realize that reds and deep pink were going to be so difficult to capture!! Kudos to you!!

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Yes they do.:smile:

A red rose in full sun can be a headache, but its not impossible. For those types of shots with the D2x I would use a cc20M filter, UNI-WB, and bracket the exposure while watching the RGB histogram. Include a gray target for color correction later.

Some RAW convertors do better with this than others. You may have to experiment to find one that works best for the given situation. Its not unlike choosing a film. Stick with it and you will find that the D2x will reward your efforts.:wink:

5. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Great shot, Charles!

6. They are very pretty, and the colours are so rich.

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks, Debbie and Victor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.