1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Color profile question

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by cre8foru, Jul 28, 2008.

1. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    I was thinking about loading the Nikon D2x color profiles in my D300 because I really like the color from the D2x. Will I have to use Nikon NX software to see the difference? Im Using CS3 for all my editing currently.

Thanks, Rich

2. Kamil

Kamil

Oct 28, 2007
    Oman
    Yes, if you shoot raw than only NX can carry the setting over.

3. Interestingly, I loaded the DX2 modes into my D300 and just made a comparison between loading the same image into CNX2 and Apple Aperture. Surprisingly I find it very hard to find a big difference between them. Personally I dont use CNX2, I prefer to do all processing post and not in camera which I use Aperture and CS3, after all the picture controls are just a preset selection of sharpening/hue/sat/lum/etc which can all be achieved with RAW processing anyway.

Craig

4. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Thanks... Thought that was the case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.