Colorado National Monument

It's only ca. 10 miles from my home, but I hadn't been up there for I-can't-remember-how-many COVID months. I finally went up for a bit two days ago, and I was reminded just how amazing it is. Here are two snaps - I'd previously converted these to B&W for this week's Collective Shoot - but these better convey the views.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
You need to go there more often and share lots of photos with us. I love red rock country!! I agree that these were nice in Black and White as they really showed the textures, but the colors are what makes the southwest so special!! I love the views in these.

JLH

I know this place! Love that part of the country. Great job on the photos.
But here in the Mid-West where I live we call that: "A bad case of erosion!".
Those pictures make me miss that area.. love it out there.

Thanks for sharing. I haven't been there since a college field trip in the 1980s. I still have a night shot on my wall I took there.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Eric, wish I had known you were in the area. We were there in 2018....We drove up as the bicyclists were flying down! I was scared to death a cylcist would come around a corner and be plastered on the grill of our big truck! LOL!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom