Critique Colorado State Capitol

I recently visited the Colorado State Capitol in Denver. Although the exterior of the dome has finally been renovated, much of the rest of the building was undergoing significant construction. Both chambers were completely torn up. Fortunately, the Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center, which is located directly across the street from the Capitol, provided ample subjects for my photography!

p121009199-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p83935681-5.jpg

p382497551-5.jpg

p533452294-5.jpg

p771037534-5.jpg

p34615139-5.jpg

p631675591-5.jpg

p226336671-5.jpg

p504029759-5.jpg

p134922331-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Just when I think you can't outdo yourself, you bring us even greater fabulous-ness!!

Marvelous series, Glenn and #4 is off the charts!

Another great set! #4 is truly outstanding! Excellent work!
Very nice set, Glenn - I haven't been in there since I was a grade school student on a field trip!

Sean
Just when I think you can't outdo yourself, you bring us even greater fabulous-ness!!

Marvelous series, Glenn and #4 is off the charts!
Glenn, you always hit the "Critique" button. Trouble is I have nothing to say. Beautiful and inspiring work! That 14-24 coupled with the D800 fits you like a glove!
Thanks Karen, Sean, Lyndee and Jack...I appreciate it!

Glenn

Glenn, your interiors are so nice, great color and exposure always gives me something to strive for. I'll be there next week, but I'll be outside shooting the Pro Challenge cycling race. Doubt I'll have time to set
up inside for a shot.

Stunning..as usual. If anything, I would just make the sky in #1 look more distinguished from the dome by adjusting it somehow.

More examples of your usual sterling work, Glenn. I agree with Karen on #4. I initally thought you must have combined several exposures to get both the inside and outside of the building perfectly exposed, but it appears that the building you were in was flooded with light from a transparent roof. Still, a top-notch photo.

For once I do have a minor quibble: in #5 the sky looks a bit unreal, like an overbaked HDR. But if you say that is the way it looked, then so be it!

Wonderful images Glenn, as usual
Thanks CC
All images are excellent,as usual.
Thank you
Glenn, your interiors are so nice, great color and exposure always gives me something to strive for. I'll be there next week, but I'll be outside shooting the Pro Challenge cycling race. Doubt I'll have time to set
up inside for a shot.
Thanks Dave...you are better off outside as the interior of the capitol is a real mess!
Another great series - still waiting for a real dud...(I'll let you know).
Thank you, Ted. There are plenty of duds, I just try not to post them!
Where have all your pictures gone?
There are all still there as far as I can see.
Stunning..as usual. If anything, I would just make the sky in #1 look more distinguished from the dome by adjusting it somehow.
Thanks Linda...it was a strange sky as it was raining at the time. I have others with a clear, blue sunny sky as well.
More examples of your usual sterling work, Glenn. I agree with Karen on #4. I initally thought you must have combined several exposures to get both the inside and outside of the building perfectly exposed, but it appears that the building you were in was flooded with light from a transparent roof. Still, a top-notch photo.

For once I do have a minor quibble: in #5 the sky looks a bit unreal, like an overbaked HDR. But if you say that is the way it looked, then so be it!
Jim, #4 is a HDR image...although it was fairly well lit to begin with. Yes, #5 might be overdone a tad. It was actually raining on me while I was taking that photo, but the sky might not have been quite that dramatic!
Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom