Critique Colorful double crowns

My most recent session produced many double crowns and I like these three the best.

Mike 2020-07-31--0004-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike 2020-07-31--0008-S.jpg

Mike 2020-07-31--0005-S.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
WOW! Mike, you have surpassed your own high standards! Magnificent! #3 is my fav!

And you were definitely up late last night!

Mike, these are awesome. i am so inspired!! I agree with Karen, # 3 is my favorite too.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" Mom, you should try this then I could lick up the spilt milk afterwards.... mmmmm...." - Georgie Beagle

Thank you to Nick and Jim!

How do you manage to get doubles?

Two drops, one for each crown, are required but beyond that it's mostly luck. Once I produce a double crown, I leave the settings and liquid mixture as is and hope that combination continues to produce more of them.

In this case, notice that the large, exterior crown is colorful and the small, interior crown is white. That's because I had placed some cream colored with ink on the tabletop. I then dropped two drops of cream. The first drop hit the colorful cream, mixed with it, and bounced to create the colorful crown. By the time the second drop had also hit the tabletop, the colorful cream had already mostly disappeared form the tabletop, which led to the second crown being both smaller (perhaps because it was produced from a smaller amount of cream) and lacking bright colors (because there was no more ink on the pertinent spot on the tabletop).

Last edited:
Great imagination and creativity Mike. My fav is #1. I really like the octopus-like look at the bottom. Making one crown pure white and the other one colorful is a great idea.

Nice work mate (as always) liking them all and your tutorial in post 7.
I must give you a slap on the wrist, you haven’t numbered them (I recall someone mentioning this somewhere before) and for a person with a sever case of old timers disease counting to 3 has its difficulties........? ?

Al

Thanks, Alan and Binnur!

for a person with a sever case of old timers disease counting to 3 has its difficulties........?

I'm considering my wrist to be officially slapped. However, I always number the photos when there are more than three and never number them when there are three or fewer. I'm confident that anyone such as yourself can count to three despite that I've had my fair share of troubles thinking of, much less pronouncing, two-syllable words. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom