1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Colorful flowers, bees (I think) and the 105VR

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by sclamb, May 20, 2007.

1. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Had a walk around the garden today as the weather was nice. Took the 105VR + R1C1 flash kit (all @ f/8, ISO 800):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and not a bee:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That Bee is beautiful

3. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks Gale. I'm not sure it is a bee now, but I think it is :smile:

4. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Bump for comments, good or bad :smile:

Looking at the views (and sometimes the number of people viewing at any given point in time), it seems like this category and Miscellaneous are probably the least visited, so probably of the least interest to the majority.

Looks like Lens Lust, For Sale and People/Portraits are the really popular ones.

5. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    ok.. now I quit posting my bug shots.. lol.. not. these are very nice indeed.

6. Excellent images, thanks for posting.

7. Hello Simon!

Good sharp shots, great colors.

8. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    nr 4 is excellent. love it!

cheers, Mark

9. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks to you all for your comments. I did ask for comments and then went away on business for a couple of days and missed them all :frown:

Also, it's good to see more people posting shots here with the 105VR and the R1(C1) flash kit. Hopefully as we move into summer we will see lots more colourful pictures from everyone.

10. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks. I love your signature :smile:

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Simon,
    I too love my 105VR! You've got some gorgeous shots here...I think the 1st one is my favorite! Tell me, did you use a tripod? I find I'm having fairly decent success going handheld w/this lens.

Great series! Thanks for sharing!

12. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks Leigh. All the macro shots are handheld. I find it easier to move around with the flash kit, and a tripod would make taking pictures of bees and other moving things very cumbersome.

13. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That's my thinking as well, Simon. I rarely use a tripod for macro.

I really enjoyed this set of shots. Can't wait to see more from you!

14. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Well, I guess in the true sense of the word, these are close-ups rather than macro :smile:. True 1:1 macro is still pretty difficult handheld, but definitely possible. I do need to get out more with the 105VR though.

15. Wonderful, Simon. Very enjoyable.

16. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks Dave :smile:

17. cajunrose

cajunrose Guest

Beautiful shots! I can't wait to get the 105!!

18. Great shots Simon!! The macro forum in one of my favorites. My garden is beginning to bloom so I will be posting often. I am waiting (impatiently) :rolleyes:  for my first butterfly and humming bird!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

19. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks! You won't be disappointed with the 105VR. A great lens for so many things :smile:

20. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks! I have been waiting for a hummingbird for years. And being in the UK I will probably wait for a few years more :mad: 

I look forward to seeing your pics from the garden :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.