Colorful sculptures

Taken with the 85PC micro-nikkor.

photo51201103filtered0xj.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kevin I think the white spot is necessary to keep the sculpture in balance, but one thing I should do is go back there and take another picture with the white spot at the intersect of the green in the back so that the two greens don't meet.

Kevin I did not had my cleaning kit with me, that's bird s..t.

Gale there's a few sculptures, they are Marine theme, since it is in the harbour.

I noticed that the correction to remove the stain has altered the picture mainly at the intersect of the color which are now unsharp, is it normal?

Gilles said:
I noticed that the correction to remove the stain has altered the picture mainly at the intersect of the color which are now unsharp, is it normal?

We'd have to see how you have used the cloning tool, what shape and size you used. You probably touched the overlapping sections while cloning - hard to say, just the best guess I can make.

Gilles, do you still have the original to post both? It would be easier to judge then. If you were cloning around the triangular shape then it looks like you crossed the intersection of the the colors. I can still see the spots further up the green area. Did you attempt to clone those as well?

Kevin i still have the original on the card. As for processing it's the first time i have done it, i am a newbie at the PP.

Here's another view of the sculpture taken this morning, I move a little more to the left but i guess i should have move a little more to separate the two greens.

photo51201065021ep.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Clone tool is a bit tricky sometines. Sometimes you need to go to the top of your menu and lower the opacity a bit and maybe just go over it a couple times.

Watch size of the brush...just a tad bigger than your spot you are going to remove. resample Each place real close...Do not work on your original, always duplicate it. If you don't like what you did, drag that layer to the trash can. Make another duplicate background and try again ( and again and again and again LOLOL)

I know took me a loooooong time to get a half way decent handle on it.

If you will go to depreview.com and go to the retouching forum. You will after sometime learn a TONNNNN....Great folks also.. Like here. I usually go there everyday.

Which reminds me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom