ColorMunki Photo and X-Rite i1Studio

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
When using my ColorMunki Photo to calibrate my monitors I found there was an update to the ColorMunkiPhoto software (to v1.2.4). On going to the webpage I found that I could instead download and use X-Rite's i1Studio software.

I downloaded i1Studio v1.1 and installed it and calibrated a monitor, with no problems. I get the impression that this sofware is more capable than the old ColorMunki software. It allowed me to manually adjust the monitor brightness to hit the 120 target, and then measured 118 different color samples, which took a few minutes. The result looks good.

I think that they are replacing all their calibration software with i1Studio. The program detects which X-Rite device you have connected to your computer, which in turn determines what features of the program are available to you.

I used an i1 device prior to buying my current monitor, which came with it's own device (which appears to be identical to the X-Rite one except a different color) and SpectraView II software.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom