Colors.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DAVE VAN, Aug 3, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Finally had some time to review some photos I had taken in Cape Cod at Provincetown back in June. This was a kite shop on the beach. It was late afternoon and was very windy. I really like the golden late day sun. This was taken with a D2h and Nikor 18-70 DX. Out of camera. I just cropped and resized for posting. I am impressed with the colors out of the D2h at times.

original.

2. Excellent colours!! Nice summer shot.

3. Being an old kite flyer I can relate to the colorful presentation.

4. Henk

Henk Guest

Those rich colors really pop Dave, was it the bare lens or did you use a polarizer to get that deep blue sky?

best regards

Henk

5. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the comments. I didn't use a polarizer for this shot. I caught the evening lighting just right. We were lucky that the weather was very clear and were treated to the brilliant blue skies each day.

6. Really great colors Dave. P-Town is a beautiful place. Hope you had a good time.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW is all I can say....

Just got a new monitor and I am seeing colors that I never saw before, and I am so excited.

thank You

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wonderful vibrant colors, Dave. That lens does a nice job for you!

9. Nice colorful pic.

It will look even better when I can a new monitor (mine current monitor is like 9 years old now)......

Gale-What kind of monitor did u get?

10. Now that's a cool image!

11. GMolotsky

GMolotsky Guest

Excellent color. Great catch.

Regards,

Gregg

12. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks to all for the comments. Even though the 18-70 DX gets a bad rap some times, I don't think its to bad. I will get better glass someday :D