ColorVision Spyder2 Express, Will It Do?

I use the adobe gamma that came with my PSE5 now but I am not super happy with it. I can get the spyder2 express for $60 shipped? is that the best bang for the buck? I use a 17" Samsung CRT.

Thx

I have it and it works great for my moniters and my epson 2400. Be aware that you have to do a little work if you are using a two monitor system.

I just bought it a few weeks ago. It has done an excellent job of bringing two disparate LCD's and one 19" CRT into color alignment. I don't print, but expect some prints soon that will let me know how well they translate...

I have it and though I'm not having problems with color I am still having problems matching the brightness of the monitor to the prints. I did not understand the limitations and that you have to subjectively adjust brightness. It also seems advisable to have a stable and controlled lighting environment when editing. There are several people here who are very knowledgeable about color management. I don't yet know enough to really understand them, though I am learning.

N

Neil M.

I hope this isn't a dumb question, (I have plenty of those coming too), but is it necessary to take ambient light type into consideration when calibrating? For instance, the area where I do my editing is lit by fluorescent lights. I notice a huge difference in my prints when looking at them under these lights compared to natural light.

Thanks

J

jaymc

I hope this isn't a dumb question, (I have plenty of those coming too), but is it necessary to take ambient light type into consideration when calibrating? For instance, the area where I do my editing is lit by fluorescent lights. I notice a huge difference in my prints when looking at them under these lights compared to natural light.

Thanks

Excellent question ... I'm looking at the Pantone Huey, either regular or pro. I think that they change as the ambient light changes. Right? http://www.amazon.com/tag/huey

Of the three shown here, what do others suggest?

- Jay

afx

Neil,
you will never be able to judge your prints accurately under regular fluorescent lights. You'll need to get a daylight lamp with about 6500K (Old timers prefer 5000K). Osram and Phillips and others sell lamps for this purpose. Probably not available at home depot but in pro photo supply shops.

For your screen, the ambient should be very low as not to overpower the screens darker parts. Of course it helps when both the ambient and the screen have the same target color temperature.

cheers
afx

Latest threads

Top Bottom