Colour or B&W?

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Tough call. Both are very good. I like the BW, because it really seems to bring out the eyes more. However, I slightly prefer the colour photo. That's just me.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

This time I am going with the color one.. The B&W is to light, not enough blacks in it to make it really show up..

4. Color, definitely.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Color for sure for me :>))))))

6. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I'm going with the flow on this one. I like the color best.

7. Given the two choices, I'd pick the color one. Having said that, I believe if the B&W exposure was toned down some, I'd probably prefer that one.

8. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Color that for sure.

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the opinions. I printed the two images last night and agree the colour was the best. Did I just say that?:eek: (Don't tell Paul.)

The B&W is rather dramatic, and is to much for this image. When time permits it will be done again but toned down some.:smile:

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. The B&W is pretty stark and lends itself to a mystery movie. My preference would be the color.

12. Personally, I would have preferred the high key B&W image rather than the colour.

The B&W is more striking and a more dramatic image.

13. Color for sure.................the B& W looks almost like a high key shot but I would think it would have to be brought much brighter to accomplish this. I am a big fan of b&w, but I think color is the best of the two shown. Beautiful little girl Charles, but you know that!!!!!

14. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the comments as always. I have not had time to do the BW again. Not sure that I will either. Sometimes colour can be a good thing. I must be losing my mind to say that.:smile:

I broke two of my own rules with this image. First I shot it with a zoom and thus lacks the pop I am used to. Secondly I did not see it as a B&W before pressing the shutter button but tried to make it one anyway. Perhaps that lack of vision carried on through the process and that is why the B&W didn't turn out like the rest of my work.

15. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    My first choice would be the color, the second choice would be color.

16. Black and white Cwilt...I like it because it looks like a high key portrait which I am fond of.