Columbia Gorge today

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Dec 17, 2005.

1. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

I thought Id take my new 300f/4 in the Gorge and see what damage I could do.

This first one is Crown Point[the Vista House].There is a tourist here everyday of the year its open.Serious COLD wind up here today! I wanted the people in the shot for scale.
    [​IMG]
    We are having an early winter this year.
    [​IMG]
    The view from the Vista House looking east.
    [​IMG]
    Bridle Veil falls touching down.I had nothing to use for scale but the base is about 25 to 30 ft across.
    [​IMG]
    More ice at Bridle Veil.
    [​IMG]
    This last one is a family running to get out of the wind up on Crown point.What I didnt notice until I got home was thier matching clothes and to top it off thier matching stride.A never to be repeated photo for sure:Exclamati
    [​IMG]

Did I mention how much I LOVE this lens ??? Thanks for looking and any comments always welcome.:biggrin:

2. i am really digging your shots Pete!
    you are right, the last one has some unique qualities for sure!

3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Alot Dave I enjoy sharing them. I can hardly wait for tomorrow.

4. #2 and #5 are my faves! Nice shots!!

5. Pete, Crown Point is a lot better in the summer (put that in your memory bank). Nice shots all.

6. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Kevin,you were sooooo right about this lens.I cant imagine what the f/2.8 must be like.Not sure if my eyes are that good.

7. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Gordon,good one ! The gusts were 60mph up there today and wind chill close to zero.Come on up,its a good time..hehe. If anyone was photographing me trying to photograph the Gorge from up there they got some good comedy shots for sure.

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Pete

Wow

Some place and great shots.

Love the water shot with the ice - that could go an a magazine cover.

All the best

Ray

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Pixelpete,

Very nice series of images. Especially like the second one !

Regards

RFC

10. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Ray and Robert..many thanks !

11. RForshey

RForshey Guest

I love number 2..

12. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Randy,me too.