Columbia Gorge

P

PixelPete

The view looking east from Roweena Point near Moiser.This is my favorite part of the Gorge because I have rainforests just west of here and deserts to the east.
Roweena-Point-px.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wahkeena Falls-Cant trespass on either side here...shucks!..pssst,go early in the morning before the herd arrives..:biggrin:
normal_Wahkeena-Falls-px.jpg

Upper Wahkeena-Wahkeena means most beautiful in Yakima Indian.
Upper-Wahkeeena-falls-px.jpg

Some of the orginal hwy along one of the trails.
Old-Gorge-Hwy-px.jpg

The footbridge at Wahkeena falls.
normal_Bridge-at-Wahkeena-px.jpg

You can be to the waterfall section of the Gorge in 30 mins from the Portland Airport....Any takers?

All shot with the 18-70mm

I love the Columbia River Gorge area of Oregon and have photographed it often. Well taken shots. By the way have you been to Silver Falls State Park near Salem? I realize this is not in the Columbia River Gorge area but is a fantastic place to photograph waterfalls.

P

PixelPete

Hi Gordon,yes I have been to Silver Falls but not with my Nikon gear yet.Its been on my list every weekend and so far I get pulled in other directions.You mentioning it here makes me shorten that list. Your correct it is a exceptional waterfall area too!

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Great shots. My brother once lived in Eugene and I can still remember all the beautiful countrysides and coastlines of Oregon.

P

PixelPete

Thanks Phil...wow Hong Kong ! I'll have to look at your posts I have little knowledge of that part of our world. Im 2 hrs from Eugene though.

Hi PixelPete.

Very Nicely Done ! The compositions, colors, post processing.....Perfect !

Regards

RFC

P

PixelPete

Hey Mike thanks! I did basic training in your neck of the woods at Ft. Dix many years ago...in Feburary...what was I thinking? burrrrrr !!

P

PixelPete

Thanks Jim..I love your bird shots! I gotta get over there and comment.

P

PixelPete

Thanks Robert, I appreicate your words! That shot of yours of Central park from the top of that building is imprinted in my mind forever. Its Fantastic!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom