Columbia Gorge

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Dec 3, 2005.

1. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

The view looking east from Roweena Point near Moiser.This is my favorite part of the Gorge because I have rainforests just west of here and deserts to the east.
    [​IMG]
    Wahkeena Falls-Cant trespass on either side here...shucks!..pssst,go early in the morning before the herd arrives..:biggrin:
    [​IMG]
    Upper Wahkeena-Wahkeena means most beautiful in Yakima Indian.
    [​IMG]
    Some of the orginal hwy along one of the trails.
    [​IMG]
    The footbridge at Wahkeena falls.
    [​IMG]

You can be to the waterfall section of the Gorge in 30 mins from the Portland Airport....Any takers?

All shot with the 18-70mm

2. I love the Columbia River Gorge area of Oregon and have photographed it often. Well taken shots. By the way have you been to Silver Falls State Park near Salem? I realize this is not in the Columbia River Gorge area but is a fantastic place to photograph waterfalls.

3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Gordon,yes I have been to Silver Falls but not with my Nikon gear yet.Its been on my list every weekend and so far I get pulled in other directions.You mentioning it here makes me shorten that list. Your correct it is a exceptional waterfall area too!

4. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Great shots Pete! Number two is exceptional..

5. Great shots. My brother once lived in Eugene and I can still remember all the beautiful countrysides and coastlines of Oregon.

6. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Randy!

7. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Phil...wow Hong Kong ! I'll have to look at your posts I have little knowledge of that part of our world. Im 2 hrs from Eugene though.

8. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Very nice such such colors a place I have always wanted to visiit

10. Beautiful. I love the gorge. I need to go back at least once a year. Since it has been over a year, I am due.

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi PixelPete.

Very Nicely Done ! The compositions, colors, post processing.....Perfect !

Regards

RFC

12. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hey Mike thanks! I did basic training in your neck of the woods at Ft. Dix many years ago...in Feburary...what was I thinking? burrrrrr !!

13. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Jim..I love your bird shots! I gotta get over there and comment.

14. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Robert, I appreicate your words! That shot of yours of Central park from the top of that building is imprinted in my mind forever. Its Fantastic!!