columbia river gorge, or

DSC_0600.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

cheers
wembley

I am a big fan of waterfall shots with the cotton effect to the water which you have done well here. But what I do not like is the crop which has cut off the top of the falls. You really cannot tell the height of the falls, the depth of the canyon etc in this shot. A vertical shot or wider angle might have been better suited.

I am a big fan of waterfall shots with the cotton effect to the water which you have done well here. But what I do not like is the crop which has cut off the top of the falls. You really cannot tell the height of the falls, the depth of the canyon etc in this shot. A vertical shot or wider angle might have been better suited.

Agree with the comments to some extent but that was not the intention of this shot.

I composed for the 3 different components; waterfall, rockface and forest. The varying colors and textures in thirds was what attracted me to shooting this.

thanks for the feedbasck.

cheers
wembley

Guest-004

I do not mind the crop. I like it. Your focus isn't on the typical waterfall shot. I think it is quite nice. The textures and destination are what appeal to me.

Guest-004

by destination I mean the falls entering the lake/pond/river. sorry I am being distracted by my 7 year old nephew and the dog going crazy! :)

Thanks for all the comments.

Vienna: i just got round to processing some more. I also used D Lighting in Capture 4.4 this time and it really brought out the greens. A couple of the 1st edits may be too bright, but I toned down after a few goes. The waterfall is Horsetail.

Same falls (and a new post for a few others).

same pic with d lighting re-edit
Img0076.jpg

full view
Img0069.jpg

b+w for the texture difference
Img0077.jpg

cheers
wembley

Latest threads

Top Bottom