Comcast Experience

I am getting hungry. I have not eaten all day as I did not want to have my mouth full of food when a manager from Comcast finally gets around to calling me.... sure hope they call before the weekend... :rolleyes:

You might want to try Verizon.

According to an article this week in our local paper, they came out a little better than Comcast in a recent customer satisfaction survey. From the article:

..."Being the best of the worst is not good enough for us," Miguel Quiroga, Verizon's executive director of customer experience, said...

That says it all.

Barry

According to an article this week in our local paper, they came out a little better than Comcast in a recent customer satisfaction survey. From the article:

..."Being the best of the worst is not good enough for us," Miguel Quiroga, Verizon's executive director of customer experience, said...

That says it all.

Barry

That's funny! In fairness, what kills Verizon's customer service experience is running the automated menu gauntlet, which can take up to 10-minutes to get a human. Once you get one, the chances of getting a knowledgeable one that can deviate from the standard script is high. I've had a few negative experiences with Verizon's customer service, but nowhere near the misery I've had with Comcast.

Comcast once gave our phone number away. Two of us with the same number at the same time! It took some convincing that they should let us keep the number and not the new people they just gave it too.

Cheers
wembley

Wow, good read, Oh the world of big business, very very close to my bout with DirecTV, in my frustration I caught myself blurring out, "you guys are getting as bad as ATT" after hanging up I look up, Who owns DirecTV?............................ATT :confused:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
That's funny! In fairness, what kills Verizon's customer service experience is running the automated menu gauntlet, which can take up to 10-minutes to get a human. Once you get one, the chances of getting a knowledgeable one that can deviate from the standard script is high. I've had a few negative experiences with Verizon's customer service, but nowhere near the misery I've had with Comcast.
I switched to Verizon for cell phone service in November, and had a couple of bumps in the road. I agree that the automated service leaves a lot to be desired (I can't stand pushing all those buttons), but once I got a live voice on the phone, I had no problem with getting things resolved. I was actually quite pleased, as the issue was a bit complex, but the representative immediately understood what was going on, and was able to fix the problem without my having to explain things a thousand times.

And...gotta say, that ATT, while....ummm...."challenging" to say the least, did right by me earlier this year. I have internet service with them, and when I originally signed up, had a package that included WiFi throughout the house. The modem they issued me, however, was not WiFi compatible, and being that I was really low tech up until this year, I never knew I had WiFi, even though I had been paying for it for years (and at home, I only used one computer).

This past year, I've become a lot more tech savvy and now own several new electronic devices which I wanted to use throughout the house. Not wanting to seem uneducated in technical things, I PM'd Richard (Growltiger), and asked him about external routers. Growl responded by saying, "you should already have WiFi - check with your carrier", which I did.

Looong story short - I've got to give ATT credit, because they owned up to their error. After I explained the situation and after they verified the modem they gave me, they apologized profusely then stated that they would immediately send their latest and greatest WiFi compatible modem to me for no charge, "of course". Then for my “pain and suffering”, they gave me a lump sum credit for the period of time I didn’t have WiFi connectivity, and discounted my monthly rate by $15 per month. Or, in other words, I'll have free internet for some time to come. :D

Wow after reading this I'm glad I have Charter and I'm not too happy with them at the moment but from what I just read here they are angles!

Congrats Kevin on your "win"

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom