Come and see! (link to slide added!)

My friends,

it's since a few years I've started this photographic journey.
Despite my pleasure to make treasure of instants passing by, plus the side effect of GAS coming now and then, I always committed myself to help others and speak for those who have no voice.

I've always believed consciousness, awareness means responsibility. It's 3 or 4 years, maybe more, I know a couple of immigrants come in Italy from Macedonia as we did 100+ yrs ago moving to the States, Germany or Argentina because at the time people here were so poor that we couldn't become poorer anyway.

My story might be long so prepare yourself a tea or a coffee, sit down and read. Right now, I'm uploading over a gallery I'll publish later a series of shots taken this morning at their home. They are not the poorest couple on Earth, not at all, yet I thought I had to share this to help them, somehow. Who of you has me among his/her friends in facebook, will see something like this there as well.

Sasha (man, 31 y.o.) and Seka (his young wife, 21 y.o. tomorrow) came here to work a few years before we met. I think Sasha came first, although we didn't touch that. He worked as kind of mason in making and raising those "plasterboard" walls (hope it's the right term) and other manual works until 2007, then he became unemployed and made some simpler jobs wherever it was possible for another year or two. Then crysis stroke even harder and now it's nearly 3 yrs it's working when lucky, mostly he's begging at my parrish on sundays during masses. Differently from other beggers who often become a "nuisance" even when they are not that poor (i.e. gypsies), he always kept a humble yet decent behavior, smiling whenever possible, not trying to get closer if you didn't allow him to (or calling you with flattering names), never cursing anyone despite the few offers he raised. By the time, if not exactly friends, we became closer and he presented me his wife and a couple of time also their young son, Jordan (you will see him, photo and papers as well) who had to undergo a difficult heart surgical intervention. Strange enough (but I suspect there was kind of bribery or illegal) here in Italy asked him 16,000 € to do while at his Country "only" 3,800 €, so he sent back his son there and now he's here to earn something for his family.

You have to know that every sunday he rides 15/20 miles back and forth his "house" (!) to our church. Thankfully, roads are mostly plain, yet he and his wife are there very early and this in winter isn't easy at all, nay.

On one side, I'd love to help him because I'm reasonably sure of his honesty and good will, however I have no enterprises to hire him, no properties to care for, no close elders to care for as well. So I can only "spread" his need among friends and people who know me.

Of course, problems of poor people are a lot, from not having gas to heat or cook the few food he can afford, nor electricity, running water, sewer etc. however so far he had a "roof" (!) under which lying. Recently I heard his homeowner wants to demolish the house (a big and old country house) to make a restaurant and a hotel from it. He wants to start within one month or so, when weather will be finally better and stabler. Past week I broadcasted in fb his urgent need for a home yet none answered. To tell the truth I also wanted to go there and take the pics I took today, yet I had an old cell phone and it was no longer valid, so we both had to wait another week before meeting again yesterday morning.

Today weather was bad yet thankfully it didn't rain so I went there, met and talked with them for an hour or so and then I came back home with a heavier heart. Within short, all pics will be uploaded and I'll post some of them (plus the link to the whole gallery) with all the necessary captions.
I'll do the same on fb so that if only ONE of the pictures hits ONE of my friends who can help them, I'll be happy, because you can't pass on it unless you have a heart of stone.

"Poors will be always with you" said once Jesus, yet there is no reason because we can try to help one another until we're here, nay, there's no reason NOT to help others as much as we can.

Most of the pictures you'll see here have been boosted in exposure so that people watching them can see the sad details of their life, however the house was much darker... Once in my life I hope my knowledge, sensitivity and gear will help someone.

See you later.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the whole set was online, I now started writing to all the people I know here, included those working in the nearby town halls (best of luck if the Major of Parma where they live will read my lines)
Let's see what happens.

Dino: You have help those people in ways that you can't imagine already. God bless you.

What really matters is that they can't get out of troubles asap. We all have a gift and it's our task to share it with others. Money is only one of them.

Tonight I was called by a colleague. He told me maybe a couple of friends might be available to guest them although they first need to meet and see if they feel comfortable or not. I don't think they will call me tonight but weekend is long enough... let's hope !

It just occur to me. It would be better if he can find a good stable job to earn income.
then he can afford to have proper housing , food and standard of living.

Perhaps he need to find work within the construction industry ?

My friends,

over here also construction industry is suffering because people have no longer money to afford homes because of the banks not providing anymore loans. You can't imagine how the last year squeezed people and families.

If they call me I might suggest them as a helper in farm works or guardian or other small works. Actually my hairdresser has some friends in construction industry and will ask them. I hope they will call because when I see an honest person looking for a job and full of good will, living where he lives, it's a crime not trying (at least) to help him.

One of my wishes in the drawer would be having the opportunity to help friends whenever possible; actually I haven't any property so far, nor enterprise or activity I might hire them - besides here starting whatever activity has become a nightmare due to papers and taxes, but this is a common problem I think.

Let's hope and pray they call back. Really.

Geez, I can't imagine people living like that! Wish there was something that could be done to help them. That could be a nice house if it could be rentivated.

Scratch'in my head. Some of the poorest in wealth but rich in culture come from you neck of the woods in the Bayou.

I see poverty around Detroit every day. About 15 years ago I lived and worked in north Florida and it redefined what it means to be poor. Despite all the bad images, poor Michigan people are generally far better off than poor from the south. But poor is not really all that hard to find anywhere.

Scratch'in my head. Some of the poorest in wealth but rich in culture come from you neck of the woods in the Bayou.

I see poverty around Detroit every day. About 15 years ago I lived and worked in north Florida and it redefined what it means to be poor. Despite all the bad images, poor Michigan people are generally far better off than poor from the south. But poor is not really all that hard to find anywhere.

My hubby's family all live in MI, I'm actually from the northern parts of LA, but yeah, poverty is everywhere and it's sad - but one thing for sure, LA people are sometimes the best you'd ever wanna meet in their big-hearted, fun-loving ways.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom