Comin at ya

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Aug 26, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Egret BIF's that is. Spent some time reading "Digital Darrell's" article on settings for D2* Autofocus settings (excellent read). So of course had to give it a go. What do you folks think??

[​IMG]

Head on's are tough
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bad hair day :smile:
    [​IMG]

LGH and this time he just sat there, wouldn't take to the air Geeeeezzzz I get no respect :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

2. Really nice shots Ben, I like the way the one egret has his wings squared up on the downstroke. Well done.

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Morning Gordon
    Yes I thought that was an interesting capture myself, thank you

4. Great in flight shots for sure crisp as can be I really like the 2nd one the most

5. Ben these are all nice and sharp. Were the majority of the same quality? I've noticed that as I'm tracking sometimes it'll lose focus then regain in a bit. Sometimes it's unable to obtain focus at all. Not a biggie as it's not all that common. Just curious.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Mike
    Really helped me by reading "Digital Darrells" article
    :wink:

7. These look really good, Ben! Very crisp. Do you have a link to this article?

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hi Kevin
    Yes actually quite a few of my shots were in focus not always good shots but in focus :redface:
    Sometimes I'll focus on a nearby tree or something stationary and then quickly reacquire the bird. That sometimes works.

If you haven't read the article I'm talking about here's the link

http://www.nikonians.org/cgi-bin/dc...ewmode=threaded

I hope that helps

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest