1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Coming and Going

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Groan! :tongue: I knew I shouldn't have looked - BUT I"M GLAD I DID! :biggrin: Beautiful captures! I just love the kestril! I've only seen them in a rehab center and once on a wire - too far away to get a really good shot though! Keep em comin and I'll keep droolin!

2. They are very active right now with the chick.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow does it get any better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great shots Gary

Look at that baby wanting that food

4. You know Falcons or Eagles they are All fun to show there lives.

Thanks for coming along

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ohhhh I will be along for this adventure , you can bet

This is the type of wildlife stuff I love.
    I just don't find enough of it

6. I think many people want it to be art, but reality and natural is not always beautiful and symetric or follow the 1/3 rule. I'm just trying to show reality as it is not polished or excess edits. In nature you get few "Do Overs"

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good Stuff

I'm curious the nest / hole was it already there ??

8. I believe it was a Woodpecker hole they are using

9. Nice series Gary and I am sure many more will come from it. I would guess you know the Kestrel is a cavity nester and many people with them in the area will provide a box for them and they will nest. I know of a group in Wisconsin that has them placed along major roadways and on posts so they can go and band the young and clean the boxes out after nesting is over and they do come back. Maybe do a search on the nestbox.
    Lou

10. Most that are using Nestboxes here have a hard time getting them to nest.

Wild locations seem to be very plentiful. These birds coat the walls with fieces to ward of preditors. Nest are in need of cleaning after fledging chicks.(Smell Bad)

11. DNAsiRNA

DNAsiRNA

Nov 27, 2006
    Dallas, USA
    Wow, great catch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.