Coming attractions

Discussion in 'Birds' started by HarryB, Feb 9, 2005.

1. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hi You'll,

I've been shooting in the Viera Wetlands recently and I thought I would whet up some appetities.

The great egrets are there in abundance

the Bald Eagle is becoming a regular at this one dead tree
    View attachment 5096

This guy is new. Can anbody ID him?
    View attachment 5097

The green heron population seems to be increasing
    View attachment 5098

2. Beautiful pictures Harry, you have done a nice job of capturing them. The short tail on the hawk makes me think it is a Sharp Shinned. Keep posting your beautiful work.

3. Harry,

Really nice shots, looking forward to meeting all of you in 10 days!

Bob

4. Whoa - I'm sick with envy. All we have up here is rain rain rain right now.

Great shots. Keep'm comming.

5. Harry I'm so envious that I can't come down there! On the other hand...I'll be in Puerto Rico during that week, so I won't be suffering too much ;-)

That third shot of the hawk looks like a Red-shouldered. Tail not long enough for Sharp-shinned, and beak and head shape wrong. Red-shouldered are probably the most common hawks you find in most of Florida.

6. Harry I'm so envious that I can't come down there! On the other hand...I'll be in Puerto Rico during that week, so I won't be suffering too much ;-)

That third shot of the hawk looks like a Red-shouldered. Tail not long enough for Sharp-shinned, and beak and head shape wrong. Red-shouldered are probably the most common hawks you find in most of Florida.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harry,

Well it certainly worked for me. You are doing very well with that new lens. These are really good shots. Can't wait to get down and shoot some of these guys myself.... :lol:

Thanks for the preview.

Frank

8. Harry

OK forget 2:00 PM I will be there say around noon, wow what a series, if I could only get one bald eagle shot... love the hawk but sorry ant help with the ID

9. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Bob,

I'm really beginning ot get excited. the best thing about the Reznick workshop was meeting the other participants.