Critique Commemorating the Washington Nationals World Series Championship

Washington, D.C. hadn't hosted a World Series in 86 years and hadn't had a baseball team that had won one in 96 years. That was until late last month when the Nationals won the World Series, requiring all seven games to do it and winning only the games when they were the visiting team. That record is just one of several they set in an historic comeback after losing 31 of their first 50 games during the regular season. So, the day after they became champions, I ordered a new Washington Nationals cap and bought the morning newspaper.

Mike 2019-11-20--001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike 2019-11-19--006-S.jpg

Old and New
Mike 2019-11-19--002-S.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Binnur!

Is it a vignette which makes around the cap so dark in #2. If so, reducing a bit might work fine.
I could have lit it this way but it was far faster and easier to use a vignette during post-processing instead. Thanks for the idea of reducing the vignette a bit. My guess is that if I post-processed it on three different days, it would have three different looks according to whatever mood I was in at the time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom