Comments on my new website?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Been working on the arrangement of the front page of my website. Any comments to make it a bit better?

http://www.srs-photo.com/

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Some great images there Steve. I'd like to see a bit more about you though - especially if I was looking to hire a photographer.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Is it possible to kind of "snazzy" it up. Perhaps a pic of you? Maybe a brief bio or some quote regarding your shooting style. Some sort of addition that could make it more stylish? It isn't bad looking in it's current form, but it could use some addition to make it look more custom.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's nice Steve. I like that there's no bs, the pictures are there, the contact information is there. It's also very quick to load and easy to navigate. Sure you can add an about link, but having all the goods available from the front page is a plus in my book.

One thing: I notice your email address is in a mailto: tag right there on the front page. That's gonna make it easy for 'bots and the like to scarf up your addy and send you all kinds of junk mail. They will also have a much easier time phishing with your address. If you check the email link at the bottom of my web page, you'll see that it goes to a dialog that runs a script that builds the actual mailto: sequence. It's a bit more work on your part and on your visitor's part, but the lack of junk mail in my Chris101 account is priceless.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks everyone,

While this humble site isn't intended for me to "go commercial", I will have the link to this site on my little business cards I'll be handing out for that occasional job. Since I'll be living in both IN & FL with different ISPs, the web-based email contact is important. Good tip for the "about" info, but esp changing the direct email link. I'll get my "webmaster" right on that! Thanks guys!