Comments wanted...........

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by DAVE VAN, Sep 12, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I was quickly playing with these shots the other night to eliminate some of the background clutter. My wife can't decide which version she likes better. She says the background clutter adds interest to the photo of the other race activities. These were just quick fixes and I plan on doing a better job. Please tell me which version you like better and why. I am also very interested in any pointers or advice that you can give a novice like me :confused:

First the originals and then the "Played With" images as my wife calls them :redface:

[​IMG]
    48995475.D2H_4953.

[​IMG]
    48995340.D2H_4998.

[​IMG]
    48996193.D2H_5103.

[​IMG]
    48996968.D2H_5118.

[​IMG]
    48998586.D2H_5487.

[​IMG]
    48999078.D2H_5547.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2005
  2. Dave. I liked the "played with" images better. Those are interesting vehicles and putting more clutter in the background, I think, doesn't make for a nice a display. That being said, if your wife like the other, do it her way.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I like the "played with" versions better.....

4. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    You women all stick togther :smile:

Thanks for the comments.

5. I definitely like the PS'd images the best. From a strict photograpic basis they show the scene better. The background clutter adds nothing to the image but distraction.

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I agree with everyone here--the ones with clutter removed are the best. Tell your wife sorry--this woman couldn't agree with her.

7. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks all for the comments. So I guess it's loose the clutter than. (I just won't tell Maureen :smile: )
    These photos are going to the race sponsers website.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Dave,

I prefer the re-touched images better than the originals. I don't think the background clutter enhances the monster trucks at all. I like the post-processed versions much better. Nice editing, Dave.

9. Ok - I wil tend to agree with the modified pics but.... I kind of think that some of the shots would also look good with perhaps some of the clutter removed except for items that are part of the track, like the cones and poles and such.