1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Commercial pics with compact!!

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Flyfishdk, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Hi all

I have this client, a classic country estate there have one of Denmarks best golf course's and have startet to make some farming products. This is there first product and it's a apple cider from the estate. They want to use the "old farm/hand picked quality style" maybe a little romantic style to give people the feel of "like granny made it".
    I was asked to shoot some pics with some apples on a nice location.. Today I did some test shooting and was using my Ricoh GRD II to get this old film look and use it's great iso noise to imitate the old film grain look. I have processed the pictures like C41/E6 cross processing to get this classic look from the fifties or the sixties. I use curves and the diffrent rgb channels to do that. Does it work? The first one is almost just out of the cam.

_0010750-Editcopy-1.
    GR DIGITAL 2    ---    6mm    f/7.1    1/500s    ISO 80

_0010757-Editcopy-1.
    GR DIGITAL 2    ---    6mm    f/7.1    1/400s    ISO 80

_0010749-Editcopy-1.
    GR DIGITAL 2    ---    6mm    f/7.1    1/500s    ISO 80

_0010761-Edit-Editcopy-1.

_0010762-Edit-2copy-1.

2. Hi Nico,

The shots straight out the cam looks better ,the second all have vignetting.

3. I'm liking the feel of the images on the right in relation to the brief, however, they need some work to make the bottle "pop" and stand out from the background.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.