Common Green Darner (f)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by threecats, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Had to crawl through weeds for this. Now armed with info from Jukkas last post I may be able to get better of these. They rarely sit it seems.

2874527538_034772583d_b.

2. It's a great shot to be sure! I wonder if you can bring the exposure or brightness down some to set the darner off more?

3. I'm sure one better versed in pp could do that. I know what you mean. It blends too well with the background. I tried a little and couldn't see much change.
    glenn

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent shot Glenn. I'm told that the Green Darner is very difficult to shoot and then the female must be even tougher. Just like our Emperor it obviously hides in the deep grass, which is not good for us photographers but very sensible for protection from birds. Now if you crop a little at the top and a little more at the bottom the beautiful dragonfly would stand out more and be more in focus for the eye.

5. Nice going Glenn, that's a good one.

6. Good idea! Yes they do hide down low. I kept seeing them fly off ahead of me but could never spy them perched. Finally I saw this one and crawled slowly up to it snapping as I went.

7. some adjusting. My pp skills are limited by my lack of patience and time to actually read a book on it cover to cover while actually doing the tasks on the computer. I'm convinced that is the best way to grasp and remember it all.

2874812109_7fde96fcf2.

8. Nice shot 3cats!

I think the 2nd version is the better. I´ll take Torben´s word for the difficulty of shooting these (imperators) so I think it´s quite a catch...

9. Thanks Jukka. Yes they fly off like crazy from low in the weeds just ahead of you when you walk. I think you need to go very slow and spy ahead or something but they blend in so well

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.