Common Tailorbird, Red - Whiskered Bulbul and Oriental Magpie Robin

Discussion in 'Birds' started by SamIAM, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Captured this during my recent vacation to my parent's home in Eastern part of India*. My only regret is that I had no other longer lens than my 80-200. Hence the images are cropped and perhaps lack details.

[​IMG]
    Common Tailorbird
    Scientific name: Orthotomus sutorius
    Local Name: Tuntuni (Bengali Language)

Delightful songs of these two birds below sweetened my stay there:
    [​IMG]
    Red - Whiskered Bulbul
    Scientific name: Pycnonotus jocosus
    Local Name: Sipahi Bulbul

[​IMG]
    Oriental Magpie Robin
    Scientific name: Copsychus saularis
    Local Name: Doel

*Durgapur, an industrial town about 100 miles west of Calcutta aka Kolkata in the state of West Bengal, India.

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    It's always interesting to see birds from other countries. I'm sure you had a nice visit and as you said these birds sweetened your trip.

3. Andy,
    I appreciate you taking time to comment on this. Yes, it was a memorable visit to see my parents after almost 3 years.

Regards,

4. Some Beauties there, interesting that there are so many species around the world.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Glad you saw your family and also enjoyed the birdies there:>))))

6. Gary
    Agree. I started watching and identifying birds couple of years back when I got hooked with serious photography. So this time, during my visit I was paying attention to surroundings and was surprised to find that I ignored so much beauty around me when I grew up. I even made small videos of some of the songbirds using my P&S. :smile:

Gale,
    Thanks a lot.

Regards

7. Nice captures Sam. These are also what we can see here.

The Tailor bird is very small and difficult to capture.

8. Thanks Phil. Enjoying your bird pictures very much these days. I located a site that gave me wealth of information on these birds and migration in that part of the world.

9. WOW, Sam these are beautiful birdies! I bet they DO have a pretty song! Keep em comin!:biggrin:

10. Thanks so much Dianne.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set Sam. I agree with the others that it is certainly wonderful getting to see shots of birds from other parts of the world. Thanks for posting. :smile:

12. Flew,
    Thank you so much. Thanks to the photographers like you in Cafe, I am getting very interested in bird watching/photographing.
    Regards,