Compact Fladh for D3/D3x

What are your favorites?

SanDisk Extreme III or IV in 8 or 16 GB
Hoodman 300x UDMA in 8 or 16 GB
Lexar Pro 300x in 8 or 16 GB

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandisk Extreme IV 16Gb in D3. Never noticed a card-related delay, reformats in about a second, no problems.

extreme III 30 mb/s is the best card considering price to performance ratio and it's speed is enough for 99% of the situations

if you are thinking faster card allows me to shoot more fps, then if you do the math you will see that the gain is not that much

considering you will shot 8fps and your buffer is 16 frames, then you will fill the buffer
in 2 seconds... now the speed difference between sandisk III and IV is approximately
around 6 mb/sec, so those two seconds will give you one more frame to shoot

so if you need to be able to shoot more frames, then it's rather worth spending your money upgrading the d3 buffer than buying extrteme IV cards

Real Name
David
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

Choose you camera and see the actual performance numbers.

But I agree the 30mb/sec Extreme IIIs are the best deal with rebate til mid Septmeber. 3 - 8gb cards for $164 and they send you an $80 prepaid CC. The Exteme IV's aren't a bad deal either $342 for 3 cards with a $200 card. But I never had any card related issues with the older Extreme III cards and the new ones are faster so when I just upgraded I didn't bother with the IV's.

worth mention are speed differences between card of the same type but different capacity

for example extreme III 8 and 32GB are much slower than extreme 4 and 16GB

Ducati in slot 1 of my D3 and Lexar UDMA pro in slot 2. Fastest and second fastest cards I could find.
At 9fps I can get as many as 80 frames on the Ducati and about 75 frames on the Lexar.

Depending on what your needs are the SB-400 might to a good job. Granted the SB-600 or SB-900 are a lot more versatile, but they're not as compact as the SB-400 is. It's a really compact flash.

:smile:

What are your favorites?

SanDisk Extreme III or IV in 8 or 16 GB
Hoodman 300x UDMA in 8 or 16 GB
Lexar Pro 300x in 8 or 16 GB

Thanks

I now use exclusively TRANSCEND 8gb (own 10)....have 2 Lexar 2gb fantastic cards but Transcend does as good as Lexar or SanDisk and is usually a whole lot less expensive.......I purcahsed 6 of my current 10 Transcend 8gb cards for 15.99.....now they are between $29 and $79.......so I can get a 16gb card for less than 2 8gb cards............

All brands of cards fail.........it is just a matter of when....not if.........so I have a great recovery software from Lexar that recovers all the current raws, jpgs ..........

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom