1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Compact Flash Cards

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by general, Aug 11, 2008.

1. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    I received an E Mail from www.mydigitaldiscount.com offering no-name 16GB CF cards for under $50. I have ordered from them before and they are reliable but I know nothing about these cards.

2. I personally don't use anything other than sandisk, I wouldn't risk a card corrupting.

So if you're shooting things that can be re-shot or aren't very important I guess they'd be ok. But I wouldn't trust them on commission or for sentimental photo

3. The seller is reliable, I have bought from them before, have no idea about the no name cards. I use Sandisk, Transcend, Lexar, Ridata. Recently found better prices (than comparable cards on MDD) on newegg.com for some Transcend cards.

4. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Like Rodney I use Sandisk and Transcend cards, and get my Transcend cards from Newegg. They work just fine in my D300.

5. I wouldn't waste my money on them personally. Only Sandisk Extreme III or IV cards go in my camera. My photos are too important to trust to some no name storage device. I'm willing to bet they are not even that fast, so you'll probably find it slows you down unless you never use continuous shooting. Even then, I just wouldn't risk it. Stick with a proven brand.

6. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Cards

I did not advocate that you should buy one of them; I just let you know they were available.

7. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    And as a perfectly satisfied long-time user of Transcend cards, I thank you. :wink:

8. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    MyDigitaDiscountl

Yes, I have bought Transcend cards from them for several years. Good cards, good dealer.

9. I guess most would agree that no-name cards could be an issue. I use Lexar and Ridata, would have no problem using Sandisk or Transcend if I could get a good deal up here in Canada on them.

Would be curious to see what is inside the card, who "actually" make the memory.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.