Computer expert help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeeJay, Apr 20, 2007.

1. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    My Photoshop CS2 froze several times and the last time when it unfroze it was different. Now I don't have the same things like the Curve graph has 16 squares instead of smaller ones ...and I can't make frames. It says the layer is bigger than the picture no matter what size I make it. It just doesn't work right anymore...

Anyone out there who might be able to steer me in the direction of how to bring back what's gone?

Thanks in advance,
    Gaye

2. Sounds like a pooched Preferences file. You won't be able to get it back unless you've got a computer back-up system.

Once you get your CS2 up and running properly again, set your palettes, curves window, etc, exactly how you want it, and then close PS2. Locate your preferences file, and save it to another location. That way, if something like this happens, you just pull back the saved Preferences file, and overwrite the pooched one.

Reboot your computer, and then open up CS2 and see if the frames will work. Hopefully you won't need to do a re-install... but don't count that out, either.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    To reset the preference file
    Upon opening PS
    right away
    hit control+alt+delete
    You will get a mesage
    say ...yes
    Then go reset up your preferences again.
    Color space and all that good stuff if needed.
    Then proceed to Sandi's instructions:>)))

4. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Okay, I'll try that, Gale and Sandi..and thanks!

Also, I can't scroll the picture to make it larger or smaller and several other weird things have happened. It's not all preferences. Just can't figure it out..The program works fine but everything is different and I don't think these were the default settings...I've never seen them before. My Shadow/Hightlight numbers changed and so did my Unsharp Mask numbers in my Filters. Very strange...but I'll keep trying..
    Any other suggestions?