Computer problem after Monitor Calibration

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by linm, May 8, 2005.

1. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I recently got a new computer. A few days ago, I loaded the software and calibrated my Monitor (Monoco EZColor). Since that time, none of my Screensavers work! I tried turning off the new Monitor profile and they worked again. I had previously used this Monitor and the profiling software on my old computer. The only difference (other than hardware) is that the old one was Win2000 and this is WinXP. When I try a test, the screensaver clicks on and then immediately clicks off. And this happens with any screensaver. Any of you Calibration Gurus know what is happening and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

2. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    that is good :) Calibration and screensavers are mutually exclusive things. You still have Power button on your monitor. Allow at least 30 minutes warm-up before doing colour-critical work

3. mcampos

mcampos

Apr 14, 2005
    Norwalk, CA
    Lin,

I have been doing computer consulting work for 19 years, screen savers have often created problems for my clients, some not so obvious. I strongly recommend people not to use them. Also for background cycling systems the only one I recommend is Webshots.

If you really want to keep your screen saver you may want to get in touch with Monaco's tech support.

4. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    but...but...but...

It worked fine on my Win2000 system so why not now? And why would they be mutually exclusive?

5. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    because many screen savers will cause you monitor to "cool down", and that will affect the calibration.