Computer question, need help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrendaC, Sep 8, 2008.

1. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    My computer installed updates now I have a Norton Internet Security program control alert. You know where it's asking me what I want to do, always allow connections or never allow. Well I click on ok for what's recommended but the box keeps popping up. I can't get rid of it. I uninstalled the program and it STILL won't go away. How can I get rid of it? It won't x off.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    This isn't working for me. I go to programs and click on Norton Internet security and it does nothing. I am assuming because the box is already up, won't do anything else. You know I think my subscription is expired anyway. The one place I was able to get to said it was.

Why is it still doing this AFTER I have uninstalled the program?

3. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    ok. I found it and did that, turned it off, box went away, turned it on box is back. Any idea why it's doing this? It just started this morning. I am getting so frustrated.

4. Hi Brenda:

Check and see what application it is asking to click the box for. You may have to reboot the computer in safemode and uninstall the offending application. PM me if you need further assistance.

Thanks

5. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Chandresh,
    Yeah, I think that's what I did. It's gone now anyway. Thanks for the help.