Computers at seven years old!

I didn't even know what a computer was at seven! My youngest knows her way round them pretty well, especially the Bratz web-site with lots of games to play :smile:

I used the 85/1.4 and tried to get the focus on the eyelashes, which I think I just about managed to do:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice Simon.

At two, my daughter figured out how to use the mouse and on several occasions I have found upwards of fifty windows open on my desktop. I also found some stuff in the recycle bin that certainly didn't belong there. The computer is password protected now, but its only a matter of time before she defeats that.

Regards,

It's amazing how quickly kids learn computers. My oldest son to is a computer whiz. It is hard not to be when a lot at school is done on computer. She looks very interested in the website.

Sarah

Nice Simon.

At two, my daughter figured out how to use the mouse and on several occasions I have found upwards of fifty windows open on my desktop. I also found some stuff in the recycle bin that certainly didn't belong there. The computer is password protected now, but its only a matter of time before she defeats that.

Regards,
Yes, they learn fast in this computer age! It's frightening to think how reliant they will be on computers in their lives, but a necessary thing for children today to master.

It's amazing how quickly kids learn computers. My oldest son to is a computer whiz. It is hard not to be when a lot at school is done on computer. She looks very interested in the website.

Sarah
She does get immersed in the whole Bratz thing, and of course the website is interactive so she gets even more carried away with it :smile:

Thanks John. Still learning how to use it at the moment, but it does produce very pleasing results with the ability to selectively focus detail in a narrow DOF.

I remember years ago working with a programmer who came into work one morning with an enormously proud expression on his face. He had had his 9-month old on his lap as he worked on his PC the previous evening, and the baby had been waving his arms about.

He described this as "Toby did his first alt-ctrl-del last night."

Very nice shot by the way.

Thanks Mike! Seems in this modern age that we have a whole new set of terminology for tracking a young persons progress though life. Use to be crawled for the first time, walked for the first time, spoke for the first time etc. Now it is hit ctrl-alt-del for the first time!

Kids of today are much smarter than ever...you should see my son text message using just numbers on his phone...it's amazing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom