Computers at seven years old!

Discussion in 'People' started by sclamb, May 20, 2007.

1. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    I didn't even know what a computer was at seven! My youngest knows her way round them pretty well, especially the Bratz web-site with lots of games to play :smile:

I used the 85/1.4 and tried to get the focus on the eyelashes, which I think I just about managed to do:

[​IMG]

2. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Nice Simon.

At two, my daughter figured out how to use the mouse and on several occasions I have found upwards of fifty windows open on my desktop. I also found some stuff in the recycle bin that certainly didn't belong there. The computer is password protected now, but its only a matter of time before she defeats that.

Regards,

3. It's amazing how quickly kids learn computers. My oldest son to is a computer whiz. It is hard not to be when a lot at school is done on computer. She looks very interested in the website.

Sarah

4. Haibane

Haibane

Aug 14, 2006
    Smyrna, Georgia
    sadly my parents got a call when I was about 5 years old for shutting down and locking out the teachers

5. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Yes, they learn fast in this computer age! It's frightening to think how reliant they will be on computers in their lives, but a necessary thing for children today to master.

6. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    She does get immersed in the whole Bratz thing, and of course the website is interactive so she gets even more carried away with it :smile:

7. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Wow! I bet you were hacking into NASA at six :smile:

8. Great shot, Simon. What a great example of what that lens can do...very nice.

9. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks John. Still learning how to use it at the moment, but it does produce very pleasing results with the ability to selectively focus detail in a narrow DOF.

10. I remember years ago working with a programmer who came into work one morning with an enormously proud expression on his face. He had had his 9-month old on his lap as he worked on his PC the previous evening, and the baby had been waving his arms about.

He described this as "Toby did his first alt-ctrl-del last night."

Very nice shot by the way.

11. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Thanks Mike! Seems in this modern age that we have a whole new set of terminology for tracking a young persons progress though life. Use to be crawled for the first time, walked for the first time, spoke for the first time etc. Now it is hit ctrl-alt-del for the first time!

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Kids of today are much smarter than ever...you should see my son text message using just numbers on his phone...it's amazing.

13. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
  14. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    WOWEE!!! that was an amazing story.