Concert Pics: Arrested Development

Some shots of the Hip Hop band "Arrested Development" at a recent concert here in Santa Fe. Shot with D70 and 85 1.8 Nikkor, a great concert lens (sorry about the watermark though).

BTW, AD put on an awesome show, one of the best live acts I've seen in a long while. Such good vibe music and group of people!

ad4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ad1.jpg

ad2.jpg

ad3.jpg

ad5.jpg

ad6.jpg

ad7.jpg

ad8.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys! This was a fun shoot to do. The 85mm 1.8 is my least used lens but when I do use it, it delivers the best results. I had a very high percentage of "keepers" on this shoot. :p

R

Rob G.

Great shots.

Nice expressions, you almost hear the music :)

Regards,

Rob.

Very good set of images Paul.

There's some great actions you caught there.

Just a mention, there's a couple with highlighting aspects that I just wanted query. Do you use matrix metering ? I use the D2H heavily in harsh lighting and have a few tricks you might want to know about. Ever tried lower contrast, matrix metering and EV -0.3, just answer me back and I'll explain more.

I do like your picks too - a nice feel when I look at them.

Simon said:
Just a mention, there's a couple with highlighting aspects that I just wanted query. Do you use matrix metering ? I use the D2H heavily in harsh lighting and have a few tricks you might want to know about. Ever tried lower contrast, matrix metering and EV -0.3, just answer me back and I'll explain more.

Well doesn't the D70 always use Matrix Metering? Basically I always shoot manual mode and meter the image through the viewfinder, adjusting the shutter speed and aperture manually to get correct exposure prior to pressing the shutter. Would love to hear of any tips you might have.

Paul

Hi paul

I'm not familiar with the D70 so I dont know if it's on matrix metering permanently.

I do know that with the D2H, switching from centre-weighted to matrix and exposing for the highlights more (by dialing -0.3 EV) reduced hot spotting quite a bit for me.

Paul :

Great shots. Where were they playing in S.F. ?

John P. (another denizen of the City Different)

Latest threads

Top Bottom