concrete disciples

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by liftoff, Aug 31, 2008.

1. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    nobody? nothin? oh well........:confused:  maybe they aren't quite street or photojournalism...that could explain it :rolleyes: 

3. sorry i missed this one
    more great shots
    i'm glad you bumped your own thread..... i'd be sad if i had missed it

4. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanx Greg, I appreciate it! It just makes you wonder when you get close to 50 views and no comments. I may not be the most popular guy on the Cafe' but that's ok...I don't try to be. I am however working on being less harsh, more friendly and mindful when posting especially if my post could possibley be interpreted as something other than my intended meaning.

5. jebster

jebster

Mar 8, 2006
    Pennsylvania
    Jeff
    Hey Larry,
    The B&W shots remind me of my Thrasher mags days of the 80s!
    Where's my Town & Country board, My Dogtown board?????
    OLD SCHOOL COOL!
    Jeff

6. spoot

spoot

Aug 29, 2007
    Vancouver
    Has the look of "old school". Well done.

7. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanx Jeff! Yeah, the oldschool Town & Country boards...my favorite t-shirt is the T&C Magilla Gorilla from the early 80's. About the only thing I have left from those days. To poor to buy the board so I got the t-shirt.

Thanx Spoot!

8. Great job .. tried my hand once at shooting skaters ...... found it to be relly difficult. You did a great job with these ........

Best,

9. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanx Bob! These guy got "skillz" so as long as I was in the right spot they made it easy!

10. Your PP adds a lot to the feel of the shots Larry, I do like them.

11. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    PPing doesn't really do it for me, too heavy and they don't really help the compositions. On a sidenote like you said, they belonged a bit more to the Sports section :wink:

12. Larry, great shots and I agree with Gretchen about the PP, it really adds something special to the shots. Having spent hours photographing my son and his friends skating, I know it is definately NOT just the skill of the skaters. Well done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.